LoadWeb

Blog Directory for BC

Sunday 9 October 2011

TV Shows

I have been watching some of the new fall line up and there have been some interesting shows. I am talking FoodTV, not the evening lineups.

Heat Seekers: 2 guys travel around the country looking for the spiciest food. Though not the most entertaining show it is ok. Of the 2 hosts Aaron Sanchez and Roger Mooking, I have grown tolerant of Sanchez. Mooking is still, in my opinion, an amateur. I like spicy food but some of the stuff these 2 eat looks ridiculous.

Crave: Hosted by Troy Johnson, who the hell is this guy and why is he on TV? He was a writer for music publications and eventually a food writer but again WHY did he land a sweet gig on TV??? The show is interesting enough but I dont know, will just have to see how it pans out. He too travels around to find the best foods for his taste and combines the ingredients and styles to create his perfect version of the topic of the show.

Eat Street: Not new new but there was an intersting episode the other day with some uncommon ingredients and combinations I need to try. They include:

1. Bacon Jam....say WHAT? Yeah, bacon jam, more like a pate...gotta find me a recipe
2. Donuts with peanut butter glaze and sriracha (thai hot sauce)

No comments:

Post a Comment