LoadWeb

Blog Directory for BC

Saturday 23 July 2011

BBQ Burgers

Quiet day on the home front, we decided on BBQ burgers for dinner. After years of experimenting with fillers and seasonings I finally decided a couple years ago to listen to the pros. Nothing should go into a burger patty except the best quality ground meat you can find. No breadcrumbs, no egg, no spices. Just ground meat and a little salt and pepper right before it hits the grill.

Most foodys call for an 80/20 mix (lean to fat). I have no idea what my butcher mixes his at, I should ask one day. Typically, I buy ground chuck as I find the flavour better than regular market trim ground beef. We have dealt with the same butcher family for years:

http://wikimapia.org/10591442/Quist-Farms-Cowichan-Valley-Meat-Market

So today I decided to try a new BBQ sauce. I cant take any credit for it so I will post the link and paste the link contents here as well. The only alteration I made to it was I didnt have 1/4 worchestershire sauce left. I only had about 1/8 cup so I topped it off with HP sauce. The BBQ sauce was excellent, definitely one I will use again. It was sweet and spicey. It made around 2 cups, plenty for todays burgers and several more uses over the next couple weeks.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/absolutely-awesome-bbq-sauce/detail.aspx


Ingredients

  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup chile sauce
  • 1/2 cup rum
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
  • ground black pepper to taste

Directions

  1. In a saucepan over low heat, mix the brown sugar, chile sauce, rum, soy sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, dry mustard, and pepper. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool, and refrigerate until ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment