LoadWeb

Blog Directory for BC

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Welcome to my BLOG

I suppose I should start by letting you know a little about myself. I was born in Hamilton Ontario and left for greener pastures and bluer waters when I was 17. I ended up here on the West Coast on beautiful Vancouver Island. My love of food has been evident from the start. Over the course of my life I have managed to travel all over the world and tasting foods in other countries has been a passion. I have eaten everything from monkey on a stick in South America to shark fin soup in Fiji; Jerk Pork in Montego Bay to Koshari in Cairo. I know food. It is important to try different things, learn about the culture, and embrace the food.


I finally settled in Duncan BC, in 1989. Duncan is the heart of the Cowichan Valley. Its food scene is varied and complex. The Valley can be very self-sufficient and boasts many local artisan bakeries, dairies, local cheese, beef, pork, chicken, honey, seafood, produce and the list goes on and on. I am making it my mission to seek out the best the Valley has to offer and provide my insight to all locals and visitors alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment