LoadWeb

Blog Directory for BC

Friday 22 July 2011

Review - Crossroads Pub Colwood BC

I had a luncheon today and was quite excited because I had noticed the truffle fries on the menu last time I was in Crossroads but didn't try them.

From the menu: Fresh cut Kennebec Potato Fries with rosemary, thyme, parsley, truffle oil and Maldon Salt. Hmmm, sounds delicious.

So I had them today after dreaming about them for weeks. The thought of crispy potato covered in truffle oil sent my mind reeling.

I am a little disappointed. The fries were good, not great. I think the chef forgot to take the lid off the bottle of truffle oil, maybe he just waved the bottle in the general vicinity of the fries? Salt? What salt? I  tasted no saltiness at all. The parsley was evident, dried parsley sprinkled on as an afterthought. I expected a full sprig of rosemary and thyme...alas, none :(

Is it really so hard to get good truffle fries? The answer seems to be yes.

Price $7.49

As far as this meal goes......5/10

2 comments:

  1. So basically they served you regular fries but charged you $7.50? Ouch! I've eaten my fare share of fries- used to order it every in city when I was backpacking (cheap eats!). Great fries are not very common :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fries ARE hard to find! And I dont understand why, they are one of the simplest foods to make. If they had only used fresh herbs and a little more truffle oil, they could have a hit. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete